* Public Domain Ada Compilers
@ 1992-09-10 18:14 CONIAM
From: CONIAM @ 1992-09-10 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

In INFO-ADA Digest V92 #301 Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:

   >Subject: Compiler in its own language (Was: Re: Play 20K
   >expressions again, Sam)

   ...  [skipped text]  ...

   >I tried to list the languages used by some compilers. (If someone wants
   >to complete/correct this list?)
   >
   >Compiler                 Language
   >
   >Verdix                   C + now partly in Ada
   >Telesoft                 Ada
   >Alsys                    Ada
   >DEC                      Bliss + Ada (unknown proportions)
   >Meridian                 ?
   >Ada-Ed, first version    SETL
   >Ada-Ed, second version   C
   >Systeam                  ?
   >GNU Ada                  C, but may be an Ada version (?)
  [ ^^^^^^  8-)  big smile!! ]

I am looking for a public domain Ada compiler that I can port to the Commodore
Amiga. None of the vendors seem interested (too small of a user base -
may be economically justifiable, but sad) and I don't have the time or
resources to write one myself.  Does anyone know, is the GNU Ada compiler
public domain like other GNU projects and if so, where it might be available?
 I've seen the NYU Ada interpreter but it's old, non-standard, and basically
isn't what I'm looking for.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wm. Todd Coniam                            | Great spirits have
Communications-Computer Programmer/Analyst | always encountered
HQ Communications Systems Center           | violent opposition
Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma            | from mediocre minds.
DDN:  coniam@mitecmail.ccscnet.af.mil      |   -- Albert Einstein
Any oppinions are my own...

only message in thread, other threads:[~1992-09-10 18:14 UTC | newest]