From: John Kern <phone.john.kern@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: New educational hardware ideal for Ada...
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-06-14T07:42:21-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 13, 6:45 am, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
<yannick_duch...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Le Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:02:34 +0200, Martin <martin.do...@btopenworld.com>
> a écrit:
>
> >http://www.raspberrypi.org/
>
> > $25 for an ARM11 powered computer with Ubuntu on it - does that come
> > with Ada already?
>
> > Surely something AdaCore could get behind?
>
> > -- Martin
>
> If ever that can help :http://www.arm.com/community/partners/display_product/rw/ProductId/5620/
>
> Note that AdaCore provides specifics programs and partnerships for
> education, so don't be afraid by the mention of GnatPro in that page.

It is unclear to me whether the GNU C compiler sources have an ARM
runtime package such that re-compiling the compiler suite would result
in a viable host Ada compiler.

However it seems there are ARM cross-compilers available:
http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/mindstorms

and https://www2.adacore.com/gap-static/gnat_mindstorms_slides.pdf

It seems there are two flavors of ARM cross compilers available as
GNAT GPL, one on a free OSEK OS, and another bare Ravenscar profile.
Presumably someone would need to modify the Lego NXT board support
package to accommodate new hardware, but at least there must be some
example code provided with the GPL compiler.