* GNAT 2016 and PolyORB
@ 2016-06-04 22:55 dontspam365
From: dontspam365 @ 2016-06-04 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I just downloaded GNAT2016 (free version) - and I can't easily find PolyORB. The download for 2015 refer me to 2014 version. Is PolyORB not offered in the free GNAT version anymore?

Frank

* Re: GNAT 2016 and PolyORB
@ 2016-06-06 15:59 ` Eryndlia Mavourneen
From: Eryndlia Mavourneen @ 2016-06-06 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 5:55:11 PM UTC-5, donts...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I just downloaded GNAT2016 (free version) - and I can't easily find PolyORB. The download for 2015 refer me to 2014 version. Is PolyORB not offered in the free GNAT version anymore?
>
> Frank

My understanding is that PolyORB has been built into GNAT since at least 2014; however, it would be good to have current documentation.  I hope it is still included, as I have been expecting to be able to use PolyORB to manage a highly distributed system for which I am nearing the test phase.

-- em

* Re: GNAT 2016 and PolyORB
@ 2018-03-22  6:13   ` Olivier Henley
From: Olivier Henley @ 2018-03-22  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 12:00:00 PM UTC-4, Eryndlia Mavourneen wrote:
> On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 5:55:11 PM UTC-5, donts...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi
> > I just downloaded GNAT2016 (free version) - and I can't easily find PolyORB. The download for 2015 refer me to 2014 version. Is PolyORB not offered in the free GNAT version anymore?
> >
> > Frank
>
> My understanding is that PolyORB has been built into GNAT since at least 2014; however, it would be good to have current documentation.  I hope it is still included, as I have been expecting to be able to use PolyORB to manage a highly distributed system for which I am nearing the test phase.
>
> -- em

Anyone has indications on how to find PolyOrb and make it work as of march 2018?

-Latest source supposed to be accessible is 2014, but not even wget can get through... the 3mb download at Adacore.

-Looks like only source available is 2013 and is does not "make" on Debian 9 buster + Gnat 2017 GPL.

-Debian 9 buster has a PolyOrb (2014) package but some of its bin segfault and gprbuild complains at option -I- when called within po_gnatdist. Tried 2 DSA github projects and nothing build.

Somehow it reminds me of the task: Find Permit A 38 in "The Place That Sends You Mad" in the legendary french animation flick The Twelve Tasks of Asterix. :)

Thank you.

* Re: GNAT 2016 and PolyORB
@ 2018-03-22 16:49     ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2018-03-22 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 12:13:02 AM UTC-6, Olivier Henley wrote:
> Anyone has indications on how to find PolyOrb and make it work as of march 2018?

I have a Frankensteinian semi-solution which may [or may not] work --
(1) Download the 2014 PolyORB, 2014 GPL GNAT, and latest GNAT;
(2) Install 2014 GPL GNAT;
(3) Install 2014 PolyORB;
(4) Install latest GPL GNAT to location in #1, overwriting it.

* Re: GNAT 2016 and PolyORB
@ 2018-04-01 12:58       ` Olivier Henley
From: Olivier Henley @ 2018-04-01 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 12:49:09 PM UTC-4, Shark8 wrote:
> On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 12:13:02 AM UTC-6, Olivier Henley wrote:
> > Anyone has indications on how to find PolyOrb and make it work as of march 2018?
>
> I have a Frankensteinian semi-solution which may [or may not] work --
> (1) Download the 2014 PolyORB, 2014 GPL GNAT, and latest GNAT;
> (2) Install 2014 GPL GNAT;
> (3) Install 2014 PolyORB;
> (4) Install latest GPL GNAT to location in #1, overwriting it.

Thank you for the solution Shark8!

Two notes to share:

1- I received news from Adacore. They can not commit to a precise date but they will release a revamped PolyORB in the coming weeks.

2- Rod Kay told me he maintains the ArchLinux Ada stuff and the GNAT -||-PolyORB should work properly. (After reading about ArchLinux, it looks like aa amazing distro, so I will give it a try when I have time).

Thank you all. Olivier