* Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-02-23 20:47 Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2012-02-23 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

There will be (at least) two Ada related presentations at Open Source
Days in Copenhagen this year.

 + Programming Arduinos in Ada

   Featuring the AVR-Ada compiler and one or more microcontrollers
   programmed in Ada.

 + A completely unfair and biased web framework benchmark

   Featuring AWS in a prominent place on the list of the "fastest" web
   frameworks.

Open Source Days takes place in Copenhagen March 10th and 11th this
year.  Conference web-site: http://opensourcedays.org/2012/

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Sleep is just a cheap substitute for coffee"

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-02-24  1:37 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2012-02-24  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 23, 2:47 pm, Jacob Sparre Andersen <spa...@nbi.dk> wrote:
> There will be (at least) two Ada related presentations at Open Source
> Days in Copenhagen this year.
>
>  + Programming Arduinos in Ada
>
>    Featuring the AVR-Ada compiler and one or more microcontrollers
>    programmed in Ada.
>
>  + A completely unfair and biased web framework benchmark
>
>    Featuring AWS in a prominent place on the list of the "fastest" web
>    frameworks.
>
> Open Source Days takes place in Copenhagen March 10th and 11th this
> year.  Conference web-site:http://opensourcedays.org/2012/
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jacob
> --
> "Sleep is just a cheap substitute for coffee"

I really wish I could attend, that second presentation sounds
particularly interesting to me.
Will there be audio/video from the event(s) available for those who
can't make it?

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-02-24 11:53   ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2012-02-24 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will there be audio/video from the event(s) available for those who
> can't make it?

Some sessions are recorded, but I don't know which.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness,
 Impatience, and Hubris"                       -- Larry Wall

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-02-27  7:36 ` Thomas Løcke
From: Thomas Løcke @ 2012-02-27  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/23/2012 09:47 PM, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> There will be (at least) two Ada related presentations at Open Source
> Days in Copenhagen this year.
>
>   + Programming Arduinos in Ada
>
>     Featuring the AVR-Ada compiler and one or more microcontrollers
>     programmed in Ada.
>
>   + A completely unfair and biased web framework benchmark
>
>     Featuring AWS in a prominent place on the list of the "fastest" web
>     frameworks.
>
> Open Source Days takes place in Copenhagen March 10th and 11th this
> year.  Conference web-site: http://opensourcedays.org/2012/

The second event is not going to take place, because I don't have the
time necessary to do all the benchmarks properly before OSD is upon us.

So unless someone with more time on their hands steps up and takes
charge of this talk, then it's probably best to consider it cancelled.

--
Thomas L�cke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-03-03 14:44     ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-03-03 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 24, 2012 4:53:22 AM UTC-7, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Will there be audio/video from the event(s) available for those who
> > can't make it?
>
> Some sessions are recorded, but I don't know which.

 I would settle for a copy of presentations. If they post them, can you put that link here.

thanks

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-03-04 12:14       ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2012-03-04 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

>  I would settle for a copy of presentations. If they post them, can you put that link here.

It would be very nice to get a copy of the AVR-Ada presentation.

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-03-05  8:42         ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2012-03-05  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rego, P. wrote:

> It would be very nice to get a copy of the AVR-Ada presentation.

That one is already available from the FOSDEM edition of the talk:

   http://www.jacob-sparre.dk/arduinos/fosdem-2012-arduino-talk.pdf

(Unfortunately without the audience-generated animation from the actual
talk.)

Greetings,

Jacob
--
WTFM: Write the Fine Manual

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-03-05 16:32   ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2012-03-05 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, February 27, 2012 1:36:56 AM UTC-6, Thomas Løcke wrote:
> On 02/23/2012 09:47 PM, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> > There will be (at least) two Ada related presentations at Open Source
> > Days in Copenhagen this year.
> >
> >   + Programming Arduinos in Ada
> >
> >     Featuring the AVR-Ada compiler and one or more microcontrollers
> >     programmed in Ada.
> >
> >   + A completely unfair and biased web framework benchmark
> >
> >     Featuring AWS in a prominent place on the list of the "fastest" web
> >     frameworks.
> >
> > Open Source Days takes place in Copenhagen March 10th and 11th this
> > year.  Conference web-site: http://opensourcedays.org/2012/
>

> The second event is not going to take place, because I don't have the
> time necessary to do all the benchmarks properly before OSD is upon us.
>
> So unless someone with more time on their hands steps up and takes
> charge of this talk, then it's probably best to consider it cancelled.
>

> --
> Thomas Løcke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net

If/when you do have everything together I'd be most interested in seeing the results.

* Re: Ada presentations at Open Source Days in Copenhagen
@ 2012-03-05 16:36           ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2012-03-05 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 05h42min09s UTC-3, Jacob Sparre Andersen  escreveu:
> Rego, P. wrote:
>
> > It would be very nice to get a copy of the AVR-Ada presentation.
>
> That one is already available from the FOSDEM edition of the talk:
>
>    http://www.jacob-sparre.dk/arduinos/fosdem-2012-arduino-talk.pdf
>
> (Unfortunately without the audience-generated animation from the actual
> talk.)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jacob
> --