From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.net!news.delphi.com!news.delphi.com !not-for-mail@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (LSMITHERS@DELPHI.COM)
Subject: Re: Buy C++ compiler, fly to Pluto
Date: 29 Sep 93 02:16:11 GMT	[thread overview]

Gregory Aharonian writes:
>    I just received some literature in the mail from Symantec, with their
>latest offering.  If you buy their C++ Proefessional System for $199 (a
>tad lower than Microsoft's and Borland's prices), Symantec will give you
>travel certificates good for two round trip airline tickets to HAWAII.
>You have to pay for the hotel rooms, and stay in Hawaii at least a week.
>But other than a few trivial restrictions, that's it, two FREE tickets to
>Hawaii.  (For more info, call 1-800-453-1086).

Symantec gives away plane fare to Hawaii with their C++ (the old Zortech
compiler), BUT only if you PAY for 7 nights in a lodge (the fine print
says total cost will be $800-$1800).
WOW, what a deal! (business for Marriott, kickbacks for Symantec etc)

G Aharonian reminds me of a town drunk that people pity, but won't
do anything to help, mainly because he provides needed amusement.
Witness his performance at the Washington Ada Symposium. Better yet,
witness the fact that he had misspelled his company's name in his
newsgroup signature for almost a year before somebody pointed this
out to him (some posts alluded to this rather subtly).

I guess I am as guilty as everyone else, whilst privately developing
a superiority complex.  Really, how can somebody claim to be a
successful businessman who does not follow the golden rule:
   If nothing else, make sure they get my name right!

Please, do something that matches your skill level.  When people call
you Mr Ada, they are laughing at you, not with you.

Good luck,
Lon Smithers