From: kevin.brugh@lmco.com (Kevin Brugh)
Subject: Re: Setting up a Java Callback to Ada
Date: 20 Jan 2002 22:08:12 -0800
Date: 2002-01-21T06:08:12+00:00	[thread overview]

Yes, a JNI.  I have Aonix 95 that uses JNI to interface with Java
code.  But, since Ada doesn't have Objects/Method like Java.  Ada
cannot handle Java interfaces, which Weblogic and many other Java
Classes use a lot of.  I figured if I could pass the access of the
procedure to Java and it would save it, then when my method was
invoked/notified I could use that call back procedure.  It would be
nice if Java could call a Ada procedure that would call my callback
procedure directly. I have looked at using a C/C++ wrapper for Java,
but I would like something more simpler and direct.