From: case@shamash.cdc.com (Steven V. Case)
Subject: Re: Validated Ada Compiler List
Date: 14 Nov 90 15:13:45 GMT	[thread overview]

In my previous posting I had discussed the desirability for PC-based Ada
compilers to support networking environments.  In that article I had stated
that the Alsys compiler does not support our network.  In response to my
statement I received a call from Sharaon Aucoin (of Alsys) inquiring as to
the difficulty that we have had.  After discussing the subject briefly
with Sharon I was going to send her some information detailing the errors
that we were experiencing.  It seems that Alsys has been working to ensure
that their compilers do support PC-based networks.  Well, I attempted to
duplicated the problem that we had experienced last Spring when we first
received the compiler, and I couldn't.  I can only assume that the original
problem was an incompatibility with the version of the network we were
running then.  We have since upgraded the network but we did not attempt
to use the Alsys compiler on the newer version until Sharon was able to
give me some obviously helpful advice.

With all that said, I hope I learned my lesson and will be a little more
carefull next time.

I have not had the opportunity to use the Telesoft compiler yet, and the
JANUS/Ada compiler I have is now two versions old.  Does anyone know if
the current versions of these compilers will work properly on a PC-based
network environment?

--
  ____  ____        Steve Case - HQG526           email: case@shamash.cdc.com
 / ___||___ \       Control Data Corporation      AT&T : (612) 853-3345
 \____||____/       Bloomington, MN 55425