From: visicom!rlk@nosc.mil  (Bob Kitzberger)
Subject: Re: WANTED: lint for ada
Date: 3 Feb 93 20:40:45 GMT	[thread overview]

tim@trident.datasys.swri.edu (Timothy J. Barton) writes:

>I often miss lint's capability to find unused variables/procedures in my Ada
>sources.  I know that the compiler and code generator "optimize away" unused
>variables, but it would be nice to be able to clean up my sources.  I use
>Alsys and Sun Ada to produce my executables, but I use Meridian's cross
>reference program to find unused variables.

You may be able to get your optimizer to warn you when it removes dead
code.  I know that TeleSoft's compilers will do this.  Not sure about
unused variables, though.

	.Bob.
Bob Kitzberger          VisiCom Laboratories, Inc.
rlk@visicom.com         10052 Mesa Ridge Court, San Diego CA 92121 USA
                        +1 619 457 2111    FAX +1 619 457 0888