From: psinntp!issi.com!theta!houston@uunet.uu.net  (Sam Houston)
Subject: Re: Problems with Alsys 386 V5.1.1 Compiler
Date: 22 Sep 93 14:43:58 GMT	[thread overview]

In article AA25446@cs.utexas.edu, CZinsmeyer%TSS%SwRI05@D26VS046A.CCF.SwRI.EDU
() writes:
>I'm developing an application for the U.S. Air Force

        ... Stuff Deleted...

>                     After some period of time, usually twenty minutes or
>so, the system begins to slow down.  The longer the system runs the slower
>things get.

        ... More Stuff Deleted

I remember hearing of a similar problem in the development of the
Patriot Missle system.  It had something to do with floating point
precision and the clock.  I don't remeber the details, but you
might want to see if you can find the information.  Hope this helps.

Sam Houston
Disclaimers:  Not _THE_ Sam Houston, just _a_ Sam Houston
              Opinions may not even be my own, much less those
              of my company.