From: cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!magnus.
Subject: Re: Ada books
Date: 17 Sep 93 09:50:28 GMT	[thread overview]

>I need to find an Ada book that contains the basics without spending to much
>time on them.  I also need the book to focus on the more advanced topics in
>Ada especially generics and tasking.  I have one book on Ada already put
>it did not provide the detailed information on advanced features that I had
>hoped it would.  The book I have is titled "The Art and Science of Programming
>in Ada".

I can recommend John Barnes' "Programming in Ada (3rd Edition)", published
by Addison Wesley. The book assumes some programming experience, and doesn't
treat you like an fool. It comprehensively and clearly covers generics and
tasking.

I used it to learn Ada, though I must confess that John's office was about
20 feet away during that time...

Mat
(ex Alsys student)

---
| Mathew Lodge               | "There's nothing intellectual about wandering |
| lodge@ferndown.ate.slb.com |  around Italy in a big shirt trying to get    |
| Schlumberger Technologies, |  laid" -- Blackadder on the romantic poets    |
| ATE division, Ferndown, UK | I speak for me, not Schlumberger Technologies |