From: self@ics.uci.edu (John Self)
Subject: Re: Ada lex and yacc
Date: 2 Apr 91 01:23:01 GMT	[thread overview]

In <3125@kluge.fiu.edu> mackey@scs.fiu.edu writes:

>In article <1991Mar28.193208.17988@afit.af.mil> dumphres@afit.af.mil (David A. Umphress) writes:
>>I'm teaching a compiler course and would like to get my hands on
>>a lex and yacc that produce Ada code (instead of the usual C).  Can
>>anyone provide me a pointer?
>>
>>David Umphress
>>dumphres@blackbird.afit.af.mil
>>(513)255-3708

>    ftp ics.uci.edu
>    ftp> cd arcadia
>    ftp> ls -la
>    -rw-r--r--  1 root          160 Mar 25 04:14 Index
>    -rw-r--r--  1 self       179528 Jan  8 10:35 aflex1pt1b.tar.Z
>    -rw-r--r--  1 self        42570 Jan  8 10:35 alex-ayacc.utils.tar.Z
>    -rw-r--r--  1 self       160036 Jan  8 10:36 ayacc.tar.Z

>ayacc = Ada version of yacc.
>alex = Ada version of lex.
>aflex = Ada version of flex.

These files aren't there any more.  Aflex and ayacc are available only
to those who have completed license agreements.  The files listed
above are updates for those who have licenses.  We hope to make aflex
and ayacc available without a license agreement in the near future,
but for now the only legal way to obtain aflex and ayacc is as part of
the Arcadia 1.0 software distribution.  You can obtain a license
agreement/tape order form by sending e-mail to
arcadia-software@ics.uci.edu, then sign and return the license
agreement with a tape distribution fee of $75.

As I mentioned above, aflex and ayacc may soon be available by FTP
without a license agreement, but details are still being worked out.
If you want them right now you need to complete a license agreement.
--

					Thanks,
						 John