From: eric@burdvax.UUCP (Eric Marshall)
Subject: Re: Exception handling question
Date: Mon, 6-Oct-86 13:01:38 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Mon Oct  6 13:01:38 1986

	I tried the same program on three validated compilers
we have in house and have included the results. For reasons I
will not discuss, I am unable to release the names of the compilers.
Here are the results:

	1) One compiler flagged the 'raise;' statement as an error,
	   and provided a reference to LRM paragraph 11.3.3. Changing
	   the statement to 'raise Bar;', the generated program printed
	   Got it.

	2) One program printed Missed it.

	3) One program aborted due to an unhandled exception.

	This program sounds like a good candidate for future ACVC's.
--

Eric Marshall
System Development Corporation, a Burroughs Company

USENET: sdcrdcf!burdvax!eric
        {sjuvax,ihnp4,akgua,cadre}psuvax1!burdvax!eric
ARPANET: PAYTON@BBNG