* SI unit checking
@ 2010-07-05  8:56 AdaMagica
From: AdaMagica @ 2010-07-05  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dimension checking in Ada made simple. All 7 SI units are included;
Centigrade and other temperature skales.

Runtime checks can easily be switched off by changing only a few lines
of code, i.e. only the numerics remains.
IO with unit information is included, e.g.  10.0*km/h. Easy definition
of arbitrary other units.
3D vector spaces. Rotation via matrices or quaternions.

Examples of use and a lot of unit tests are provided.

http://www.christ-usch-grein.homepage.t-online.de/Ada/SI.html

This version fixes a bug in the definition of photometry unit lm=cd*sr.

* Re: SI unit checking
@ 2010-08-16 20:00 ` Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) @ 2010-08-16 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:56:47 +0200, AdaMagica
<christoph.grein@eurocopter.com> a écrit:

> Dimension checking in Ada made simple. All 7 SI units are included;
> Centigrade and other temperature skales.
>
> Runtime checks can easily be switched off by changing only a few lines
> of code, i.e. only the numerics remains.
> IO with unit information is included, e.g.  10.0*km/h. Easy definition
> of arbitrary other units.
> 3D vector spaces. Rotation via matrices or quaternions.
>
> Examples of use and a lot of unit tests are provided.
>
> http://www.christ-usch-grein.homepage.t-online.de/Ada/SI.html
>
> This version fixes a bug in the definition of photometry unit lm=cd*sr.

Not really the same, while in the same area, this topic make think about
an old entry in my bookmarks, which may complete yours. A web paper about
dimensional arithmetic in Ada
http://www.christ-usch-grein.homepage.t-online.de/Ada/Universe.html

Keep in mind it's a bit old, so this may need some review.