* Re: A very successful marketing disaster
@ 1993-09-09  1:36 cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.ne
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.ne @ 1993-09-09  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject: A very successful Ada marketing disaster in Boston

Greg Kervorkian^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Aharonian says..

>It was a very successful disaster, though I learned much.  I had asked people
>and companies to donate $50 to help cover booth costs, in return for having
>their literature displayed.

...later... green-coloured $$$ multiplied by 10

>In return for kicking in $500, and providing literature on your products and
>services, I will display and pass out the material and answer any questions
>people have.  And it would be great if participating companies could send

...still later... $$$ multiplied by 200

>    So let me make a serious proposal for this idea.  If someone in the
>Mandated world can reallocate about $100,000  (I only need about $1,000, but
>apparently a project has to be able to waste a lot of money to get funded,
>and I am sure that I can figure a way to waste the remaining $99,000), I
>will be glad to set up a CDROM drive with tons of Ada stuff on it easily
>accessible to everyone in the world through anonymous ftp.

...elsewhere he says

>     I do not think that their CDROM has the PAL stuff in its entirety,
>but it probably has the ASR stuff.  Sometime in the next week or so, I
>will post to comp.lang.ada a top level directory of the Ada CDROM from
>Walnut Creek (unless they can do it first).

It seems to me that the chairman of STO should realize where his own
software resides (unless he is too embarrassed about it).  Sure enough,
Mr. A has a "product" in the following Walnut Creek CDROM directory,
so you can find out where your money will go if you decide to "invest" in
his enterprise (i.e. pyramid scheme).

 \ASR\MSDOSADA\ADA_MET1.ZIP  Ada metric analyzer & software cost estimator

If one must post obvious commercial panderings on the net, it seems only
fair to keep readers aware of any shortcomings in advertised products.
(if the post was meant as humour, please indicate satire, slapstick, etc)

Lon Smithers  (){for(;;);}

"I can hear chants of ..moron..moron (and I don't mean Ronald Reagan
for a third term)."

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-09-09  1:36 UTC | newest]