* Updated Ada support for Archlinux.
@ 2015-04-18 13:07 Rod Kay
From: Rod Kay @ 2015-04-18 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks,

   I've added/updated a few of the Ada libs/tools for Archlinux. Hopefully, they will update Ada support to be equivalent to what is available on freeBSD (whose ports were used as a basis for many of the Archlinux updates).

   Here is a list of the packages available ...

   - ada-web-server   3.2.0
   - ahven            2.4
   - asis             gpl 2014
   - florist          gpl 2014
   - gnat-gps         6.1.0
   - gnat_util        4.9.2
   - gprbuild         gpl 2014
   - gtkada           3.8.3.1
   - polyorb          gpl 2014
   - xmlada           gpl 2014

   The existing 'gcc-ada' package provides support for gcc 4.9.2.

   Any feedback via the usual AUR site would be appreciated.

   If anyone can suggest other Ada related packages to add, please do.

Regards.

* Re: Updated Ada support for Archlinux.
@ 2015-05-11  7:25 ` Sylvain Laperche
From: Sylvain Laperche @ 2015-05-11  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-04-18, Rod Kay <rodakay@internode.on.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>    I've added/updated a few of the Ada libs/tools for Archlinux. Hopefully,
>    they will update Ada support to be equivalent to what is available on
>    freeBSD (whose ports were used as a basis for many of the Archlinux
>    updates).
>
>    Here is a list of the packages available ...
> […]
Thank you for your work!

>    If anyone can suggest other Ada related packages to add, please do.
It would be nice to have the package paraffin[1]

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/

* Re: Updated Ada support for Archlinux.
@ 2015-05-19 10:17   ` Rod Kay
From: Rod Kay @ 2015-05-19 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 11 May 2015 17:26:51 UTC+10, Sylvain Laperche  wrote:
> Thank you for your work!

   Heh, thank you. It's nice to know others are using the package(s).

> It would be nice to have the package paraffin[1]
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/

   I will try to add paraffin and qt4ada in the next week or so.

   Paraffin certainly looks interesting.

@ 2015-05-20  0:49     ` Brad Moore
From: Brad Moore @ 2015-05-20  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-05-19 04:17 AM, Rod Kay wrote:
> On Monday, 11 May 2015 17:26:51 UTC+10, Sylvain Laperche  wrote:
>> Thank you for your work!
>
>     Heh, thank you. It's nice to know others are using the package(s).
>

>> It would be nice to have the package paraffin[1]
>>
>> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/
>
>     I will try to add paraffin and qt4ada in the next week or so.
>
>     Paraffin certainly looks interesting.

I have been working towards a major release of Paraffin, and very close to having it ready for general consumption.
This new version builds for the ARM (on Raspberry Pi), as well as Mac OSX, as well as previous targets,
and contains many new features.

Ada Europe 2015 will have a tutorial on Paraffin, and Parallelism in Ada for those who are interested.

Brad

@ 2015-05-20 15:52       ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2015-05-20 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <aSQ6x.21100$Py6.1147@fx17.iad>,
Brad Moore  <brad.moore@shaw.ca> wrote:
>Ada Europe 2015 will have a tutorial on Paraffin, and Parallelism in
>Ada for those who are interested.

More info on that "Parallellism in Ada, Today, and Tomorrow" tutorial:
see <http://www.ada-europe.org/conference2015/tutorials.html#T3>.

Dirk
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/Ada-Europe/SIGAda/WG9)

*** 20th Intl.Conf.on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2015
*** June 22-26, 2015 **** Madrid, Spain **** http://www.ada-europe.org