* Re:Johnny Appleseed (aka Greg Aharonian)
@ 1993-09-05  0:36 agate!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.net!news.delphi.com!news.delphi.com
From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!noc.near.net!news.delphi.com!news.delphi.com @ 1993-09-05  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good Cop Greg

>So I have started to seed Ada CDROMs throughout the Boston area.
>In November I plan to be in the Bay Area, and will distribute CDROMs
>I also plan to drop one off at the
>Science Reference Room at the New York Public Library

Bad Cop Greg

>     It is stuff like this that is killing Ada, not my attitude.
>--
> Greg Aharonian                                      srctran@world.std.com
> Source Translation & Optimization                            617-489-3727
> P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

Nothing kills strong marketing faster than a weak product.
Walnut Creek's Ada CDROM rates an A+ in my opinion, but in one directory
there lurks a most hideous program produced by none other than STO (see
above).  If anyone wishes a test drive, the program (called ADA_COST.EXE)
resides in:

\ASR\MSDOSADA\ADA_MET1.ZIP  Ada metric analyzer & software cost estimator

According to the marketing blurb in the zip file, the executable was
created using STO's reusable Ada source code library. If the quality of
a reuse library compares to this product, I'll pass.

Lon Smithers :-!.  % no backtracking

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-09-05  0:36 UTC | newest]