From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Ada compiler not installed on this system
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:39:12 +0100
Date: 2004-03-25T20:39:12+01:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus wrote:

Thank you for your comments. On never stops learning somthing new

> Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> : Zouplaz wrote:
> :
> :> 2) Is there a simple method to add ada support to gcc 3.3.3 (I presume
> :> that --enable-language=ada,c++ is not enough, that would be a dream)
> :
> :
> :                ../gcc/configure
> :                \
> :                        --prefix=/opt/ada
> :                        \
> :                        --enable-libada
> :                        \
>
> Is libada present in GCC 3.3.3 (which seems to be the OP's compiler)?

True, I forgot to mention that I compile 3.4 and 3.5.

> :                        --enable-shared
> :                        \
> :                        --enable-threads=gnat                           \
>
> Might mean no tasking outside Ada.

That's fine for me. Still good to know.

> :                        --target=${in_Config}                           ;
> :
> :                make -j8 | tee ../compile.${in_Config}.log;
>
> Does the parallel make work for GCCC 3.3.3? If so, has there
> been an update to the documentation (which says otherwise)?
> "Currently, when compiling the Ada front end, you cannot use the parallel
> build feature described in the previous section."

There is no -j8 in the line which you cut:

makeᅵ-Cᅵgccᅵgnatlib_and_tools;

Mind you, that extra make is not needed for 3.5 any more.

With Regards

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net