From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Open Ada (formerly AdaZ) for the Apple Macintosh
Date: 27 Jan 91 17:51:19 GMT	[thread overview]

I have received confirmation from Jim Smith of Meridian that Open Ada for
the Apple Macintosh will be available Feb. 1 for $149.00. This is their
MPW-based Ada system, which comes with a binding to the Mac Toolbox.

I am not sure of the details that will distinguish the $149. system from the
"full-priced" version, but my impression is that the only distinction will
be a memory limitation comparable to the real mode/extended mode distinction
on the DOS version of the system.

I have not yet seen this release of the system, but based on my experience
with previous versions of it, performance is comparable to that of the DOS
version. It's a little slow on my Mac+, but then again a Mac+ is a bit slower
inherently than a PC/AT.

Please don't take this blurb as an ad for Meridian. I speak only for myself
in saying that I think we are on the right track to a viable mass-market
Macintosh Ada system, and this is important for the widespread acceptance
of Ada. It's about time somebody did this.

Mike Feldman