* Body mistaken for specs
@ 2018-11-06 10:23 mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2018-11-06 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.all,
I have a weird error where the compiler complains that it cannot generate the code for a file since it is a spec.  However, the file is a *.adb and it begins with "package body".

Before trying to isolate an excerpt that reproduces the bug (it is part of a fairly large project) I wanted to do a "fast query" to see if anyone else had a similar issue, hoping for an "Aha!" revelation :-)

The compiler is the 2016 version.  I wanted to install the new one, but I keep getting "connection time out."

Thank you in advance

Riccardo

* Re: Body mistaken for specs
@ 2018-11-06 17:39 ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2018-11-06 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had indeed a similar error with a compiler that was from 2017-06.
I had reported that to AdaCore on 2018-05, and it was already fixed in the versions at the time.

So it might indeed be fixed in the 2017 GPL version, but was buggy in 2016.
It might also not have made it to a public version yet (I am a supported customer so get access to more recent versions)

Emmanuel

* Re: Body mistaken for specs
@ 2018-11-07 14:39   ` mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2018-11-07 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 6:39:51 PM UTC+1, briot.e...@gmail.com wrote:
> I had indeed a similar error with a compiler that was from 2017-06.
> I had reported that to AdaCore on 2018-05, and it was already fixed in the versions at the time.
>
> So it might indeed be fixed in the 2017 GPL version, but was buggy in 2016.
> It might also not have made it to a public version yet (I am a supported customer so get access to more recent versions)
>
> Emmanuel

After a while I have been able to download ad install the latest version and the problem disappeared, so yes, it was a bug.  I wanted to reply to my own question with the result, but I can get on cla joust now.

Riccardo