* Re: Aws demos on debian
       [not found] <10568325.1989.1333972101735.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbvd13>
@ 2012-04-09 14:02 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2012-04-09 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

tonyg writes on comp.lang.ada:
> Having successfuly output my values to the screen using AWS, I have
> noticed in the documentation that it can interface to javascript. I
> have a couple of jobs I want it to do. First I want to use a third
> party java script charting package to present the values and secondly
> I want to implement a control interface for another piece of software
> I got.  To do this I am trying to understand the demos in the
> documentation for the AWS debian packages. HAving read the code I want
> to see them running and play with the code.  So I copied the demos
> from their rightful place in /usr/somewhere to my home directory,
> replaced the aws.gpr location because I have not updated the
> ada_include_path, and I am still getting an error saying no rdemo.ads
> / rdemo.adb. I noticed in the code that these are generated using the
> AWSres tool, but I am wondering what they are generated from etc. Does
> anyone know?

* which version of the package libaws-doc?

* which demo (i.e. which subdirectory of
  /usr/share/doc/libaws-doc/examples)?

* what exact command line do you use to compile your copy of the demo?

* what exact error message do you get?

--
Ludovic Brenta.
The reporting unit should streamline the process.

* Re: Aws demos on debian
@ 2012-04-09 15:56   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-04-09 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 9 April 2012 15:02:49 UTC+1, Ludovic Brenta  wrote:
> tonyg writes on comp.lang.ada:
> > Having successfuly output my values to the screen using AWS, I have
> > noticed in the documentation that it can interface to javascript. I
> > have a couple of jobs I want it to do. First I want to use a third
> > party java script charting package to present the values and secondly
> > I want to implement a control interface for another piece of software
> > I got.  To do this I am trying to understand the demos in the
> > documentation for the AWS debian packages. HAving read the code I want
> > to see them running and play with the code.  So I copied the demos
> > from their rightful place in /usr/somewhere to my home directory,
> > replaced the aws.gpr location because I have not updated the
> > ada_include_path, and I am still getting an error saying no rdemo.ads
> > / rdemo.adb. I noticed in the code that these are generated using the
> > AWSres tool, but I am wondering what they are generated from etc. Does
> > anyone know?
>
> * which version of the package libaws-doc?
>
> * which demo (i.e. which subdirectory of
>   /usr/share/doc/libaws-doc/examples)?
>
> * what exact command line do you use to compile your copy of the demo?
>
> * what exact error message do you get?
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.
> The reporting unit should streamline the process.

What I do is I load the demos.gpr into gnat-gps. On this version all the examples are in one directory which I notice is different to the source down load from core.
   The version I am using is libaws 2.7 (2.7.4 on synaptic) on debian squeeze. I am copying the examples from the /usr/share/doc/libaws-doc directory.
   The comand and error is

tony@comms:~/tryout/examples$ gnatmake -P demos.gpr
demos.gpr:22:30: "../.build/common/demos" is not a valid directory
demos.gpr:45:15: source file "rdemo.ads" cannot be found
demos.gpr:45:28: source file "rdemo.adb" cannot be found
demos.gpr:51:15: source file "rdemo-adains_png.ads" cannot be found
demos.gpr:51:39: source file "rdemo-page3_html.ads" cannot be found
gnatmake: "demos.gpr" processing failed

I am wondering if I need to process some files using AWSres but I don't know what files.

I successfully compiled and linked the ws_elements example on the source download but I got a storage error after I ran it and tried the AJAX example. The rest of the example ran fine but the ajax bit was what I wanted to see.

* Re: Aws demos on debian
@ 2012-04-09 17:24     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2012-04-09 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

tonyg writes on comp.lang.ada:
> What I do is I load the demos.gpr into gnat-gps. On this version all
> the examples are in one directory which I notice is different to the
> source down load from core.  The version I am using is libaws 2.7
> (2.7.4 on synaptic) on debian squeeze. I am copying the examples from
> the /usr/share/doc/libaws-doc directory.  The comand and error is
>
> tony@comms:~/tryout/examples$ gnatmake -P demos.gpr
> demos.gpr:22:30: "../.build/common/demos" is not a valid directory
> demos.gpr:45:15: source file "rdemo.ads" cannot be found
> demos.gpr:45:28: source file "rdemo.adb" cannot be found
> demos.gpr:51:15: source file "rdemo-adains_png.ads" cannot be found
> demos.gpr:51:39: source file "rdemo-page3_html.ads" cannot be found
> gnatmake: "demos.gpr" processing failed
>
> I am wondering if I need to process some files using AWSres but I
> don't know what files.

OK, now I see the problem.  I am the author of this demos.gpr but I
wrote it for AWS 2.2, long before any demos used awsres :/

First, you need to replace demos.gpr with this:

with "aws.gpr";
with "xmlada.gpr";
project Demos is

   for Source_Dirs use (".");
   for Object_Dir use "obj";
   for Exec_Dir use ".";

   Mains := ("hello_world.adb", "com_1.adb", "com_2.adb", "main.adb",
             "hotplug.adb", "dispatch.adb", "wps.adb", "ws.adb",
             "auth.adb", "text_input.adb", "vh_demo.adb", "res_demo.adb",
             "zdemo.adb", "split.adb", "web_mail.adb", "web_elements.adb",
             "test_mail.adb", "multiple_sessions.adb", "agent.adb",
             "runme.adb");

   Mains_XMLAda := ("soap_client.adb", "soap_server.adb", "soap_svs.adb",
                    "soap_cvs.adb", "wsdl_demo_client.adb",
                    "wsdl_demo_server.adb", "interoplab_main.adb",
                    "soap_server_disp.adb", "jabber_demo.adb");

   for Main use Mains & Mains_XMLADa;

   package Compiler is
      for Default_Switches ("Ada")
        use ("-g", "-gnatafnoy", "-gnatVa", "-gnatwa");
   end Compiler;

end Demos;

Second, issue the following commands:

awsres -r rdemo adains.png page3.html
wsdl2aws -f -doc hello.wsdl
wsdl2aws -f -doc interoplab_main.wsdl
gnatmake -p -Pdemos

(Note that awsres and wsdl2aws are both part of the package libaws-bin,
which you need to have installed).

HTH

PS. The above is not valid for libaws-dev > 2.10, which is in Debian
unstable.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Aws demos on debian
@ 2012-04-09 20:05       ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2012-04-09 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic,

> OK, now I see the problem.  I am the author of this demos.gpr but I
> wrote it for AWS 2.2, long before any demos used awsres :/

I don't think this is correct. Looking at the history v2.2 is from 2006
and the res_demo is from 2002 :)

Pascal.

--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

* Re: Aws demos on debian
@ 2012-04-10  8:08       ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-04-10  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 9 April 2012 18:24:24 UTC+1, Ludovic Brenta  wrote:
> tonyg writes on comp.lang.ada:
> > What I do is I load the demos.gpr into gnat-gps. On this version all
> > the examples are in one directory which I notice is different to the
> > source down load from core.  The version I am using is libaws 2.7
> > (2.7.4 on synaptic) on debian squeeze. I am copying the examples from
> > the /usr/share/doc/libaws-doc directory.  The comand and error is
> >
> > tony@comms:~/tryout/examples$ gnatmake -P demos.gpr
> > demos.gpr:22:30: "../.build/common/demos" is not a valid directory
> > demos.gpr:45:15: source file "rdemo.ads" cannot be found
> > demos.gpr:45:28: source file "rdemo.adb" cannot be found
> > demos.gpr:51:15: source file "rdemo-adains_png.ads" cannot be found
> > demos.gpr:51:39: source file "rdemo-page3_html.ads" cannot be found
> > gnatmake: "demos.gpr" processing failed
> >
> > I am wondering if I need to process some files using AWSres but I
> > don't know what files.
>
> OK, now I see the problem.  I am the author of this demos.gpr but I
> wrote it for AWS 2.2, long before any demos used awsres :/
>
> First, you need to replace demos.gpr with this:
>
> with "aws.gpr";
> with "xmlada.gpr";
> project Demos is
>
>    for Source_Dirs use (".");
>    for Object_Dir use "obj";
>    for Exec_Dir use ".";
>
>    Mains := ("hello_world.adb", "com_1.adb", "com_2.adb", "main.adb",
>              "hotplug.adb", "dispatch.adb", "wps.adb", "ws.adb",
>              "auth.adb", "text_input.adb", "vh_demo.adb", "res_demo.adb",
>              "zdemo.adb", "split.adb", "web_mail.adb", "web_elements.adb",
>              "test_mail.adb", "multiple_sessions.adb", "agent.adb",
>              "runme.adb");
>
>    Mains_XMLAda := ("soap_client.adb", "soap_server.adb", "soap_svs.adb",
>                     "soap_cvs.adb", "wsdl_demo_client.adb",
>                     "wsdl_demo_server.adb", "interoplab_main.adb",
>                     "soap_server_disp.adb", "jabber_demo.adb");
>
>    for Main use Mains & Mains_XMLADa;
>
>    package Compiler is
>       for Default_Switches ("Ada")
>         use ("-g", "-gnatafnoy", "-gnatVa", "-gnatwa");
>    end Compiler;
>
> end Demos;
>

> Second, issue the following commands:
>
> awsres -r rdemo adains.png page3.html
> wsdl2aws -f -doc hello.wsdl
> wsdl2aws -f -doc interoplab_main.wsdl
> gnatmake -p -Pdemos
>
> (Note that awsres and wsdl2aws are both part of the package libaws-bin,
> which you need to have installed).
>
> HTH
>
> PS. The above is not valid for libaws-dev > 2.10, which is in Debian
> unstable.
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

Thanks Ludovic, I'll try that

* Re: Aws demos on debian
@ 2012-04-10  8:13         ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-04-10  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 9 April 2012 21:05:38 UTC+1, Pascal Obry  wrote:
> Ludovic,
>
> > OK, now I see the problem.  I am the author of this demos.gpr but I
> > wrote it for AWS 2.2, long before any demos used awsres :/
>
> I don't think this is correct. Looking at the history v2.2 is from 2006
> and the res_demo is from 2002 :)
>
> Pascal.
>
> --
>
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
> --| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
> --|------------------------------------------------------
> --|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
> --| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
> --|
> --| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B

Do either of you guys have any other ada / aws / ajax examples you are free to show in here?

* Re: Aws demos on debian
@ 2012-04-10  8:36       ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-04-10  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 9 April 2012 18:24:24 UTC+1, Ludovic Brenta  wrote:
> tonyg writes on comp.lang.ada:
> > What I do is I load the demos.gpr into gnat-gps. On this version all
> > the examples are in one directory which I notice is different to the
> > source down load from core.  The version I am using is libaws 2.7
> > (2.7.4 on synaptic) on debian squeeze. I am copying the examples from
> > the /usr/share/doc/libaws-doc directory.  The comand and error is
> >
> > tony@comms:~/tryout/examples$ gnatmake -P demos.gpr
> > demos.gpr:22:30: "../.build/common/demos" is not a valid directory
> > demos.gpr:45:15: source file "rdemo.ads" cannot be found
> > demos.gpr:45:28: source file "rdemo.adb" cannot be found
> > demos.gpr:51:15: source file "rdemo-adains_png.ads" cannot be found
> > demos.gpr:51:39: source file "rdemo-page3_html.ads" cannot be found
> > gnatmake: "demos.gpr" processing failed
> >
> > I am wondering if I need to process some files using AWSres but I
> > don't know what files.
>
> OK, now I see the problem.  I am the author of this demos.gpr but I
> wrote it for AWS 2.2, long before any demos used awsres :/
>
> First, you need to replace demos.gpr with this:
>
> with "aws.gpr";
> with "xmlada.gpr";
> project Demos is
>
>    for Source_Dirs use (".");
>    for Object_Dir use "obj";
>    for Exec_Dir use ".";
>
>    Mains := ("hello_world.adb", "com_1.adb", "com_2.adb", "main.adb",
>              "hotplug.adb", "dispatch.adb", "wps.adb", "ws.adb",
>              "auth.adb", "text_input.adb", "vh_demo.adb", "res_demo.adb",
>              "zdemo.adb", "split.adb", "web_mail.adb", "web_elements.adb",
>              "test_mail.adb", "multiple_sessions.adb", "agent.adb",
>              "runme.adb");
>
>    Mains_XMLAda := ("soap_client.adb", "soap_server.adb", "soap_svs.adb",
>                     "soap_cvs.adb", "wsdl_demo_client.adb",
>                     "wsdl_demo_server.adb", "interoplab_main.adb",
>                     "soap_server_disp.adb", "jabber_demo.adb");
>
>    for Main use Mains & Mains_XMLADa;
>
>    package Compiler is
>       for Default_Switches ("Ada")
>         use ("-g", "-gnatafnoy", "-gnatVa", "-gnatwa");
>    end Compiler;
>
> end Demos;
>

> Second, issue the following commands:
>
> awsres -r rdemo adains.png page3.html
> wsdl2aws -f -doc hello.wsdl
> wsdl2aws -f -doc interoplab_main.wsdl
> gnatmake -p -Pdemos
>
> (Note that awsres and wsdl2aws are both part of the package libaws-bin,
> which you need to have installed).
>
> HTH
>
> PS. The above is not valid for libaws-dev > 2.10, which is in Debian
> unstable.
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

The fix worked a treat, all demos are compiled and working, thanks for your help here.