* AdaCAST , APEX Ada and Clearcase
@ 2003-06-03 14:25 Brian R.
From: Brian R. @ 2003-06-03 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are using VectorCAST's AdaCAST unit testing tool, their newest
Release 3.0 in conjuntion With Rational Corp's APEX ada using
Clearcase as the version control.  The system is a SPARC Solaris
Sunblade 1000

It seems that every time when performing, even the simplest of unit
tests, the software attempts to rename the file, which is under
clearcase view.  It renames the file  by adding vc_ to the original
name.  As the file is under clearcase, and for unit testing purposes,
we do not want to original source code being changed.  But if a file
is checked out by a user, it will be renamed and cannot be undone
unless, be reverted manually, to its original form before a unit test
was created for the file.

It also seems unless without allowing adaCAST to rename a file, which
is in clearcase, whitebox testing cannot be performed unless the
software in question is allowed to do so,... we do not want orignal
source code being modified,

Is there any way to resolve this issue and still allow us to unit test
the code, safely, without alterations to the code itself, which
adaCAST seems determined to do?

* Re: AdaCAST , APEX Ada and Clearcase
@ 2003-06-03 18:12 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2003-06-03 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

robeybd@npt.nuwc.navy.mil (Brian R.) wrote in message news:<2ee29912.0306030625.98208a3@posting.google.com>...
> We are using VectorCAST's AdaCAST unit testing tool, their newest
> Release 3.0 in conjuntion With Rational Corp's APEX ada using
> Clearcase as the version control.  The system is a SPARC Solaris
> Sunblade 1000

> Is there any way to resolve this issue and still allow us to unit test
> the code, safely, without alterations to the code itself, which
> adaCAST seems determined to do?

Go ask the vendor!  Vector Software technical support is most likely
the best source of info on what, if anything, can be done about this.

Marc A. Criley