From: Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org>
Subject: Has anyone tried Minix3 + Ada?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 08:11:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-06-10T08:11:24-07:00	[thread overview]

I am trying to learn more about how operating systems work. I am playing with Minix3. I have GCC  4.4 installed now but there is no Ada support. I might try to compile 4.7 with Ada support but I am concerned it will be futile.

Assuming that I can cross compile GCC for Minix3, is there any reason Ada would not run on it?

Minix3 does not have kernel threads, the threading is in userland. I am wondering if tasking will work.

Minix is also billed as a high reliability, embedded OS but I can't find any examples of it being used for this. Does anyone know if this is a proper claim or a goal?

Thanks for reading-Patrick