* GNAT, Overloaded operators and a patch to GNU's gas 2.1.1
@ 1993-08-19 23:00 Darren Davenport
From: Darren Davenport @ 1993-08-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The GNAT compiler spits out operator symbol names, such as
_junk__"+", that our native Sun assembler and GNU's gas 2.1.1
would both choke on.  So, since Sun wasn't kind enough to lend
out the source code I decided to hack :) on gas 2.1.1 so that
I could get some object code generated.

If anyone else would like a free copy (under GNU's licensing
agreement of course) of the patched gas 2.1.1 code I would be
willing to send it to them.

* Re: GNAT, Overloaded operators and a patch to GNU's gas 2.1.1
@ 1993-08-19 23:24 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 1993-08-19 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Aug19.230027.1282@aio.jsc.nasa.gov> davenpor@pat.mdc.com (Darre
n Davenport) writes:
>The GNAT compiler spits out operator symbol names, such as
>_junk__"+", that our native Sun assembler and GNU's gas 2.1.1
>would both choke on.  So, since Sun wasn't kind enough to lend
>out the source code I decided to hack :) on gas 2.1.1 so that
>I could get some object code generated.

This is a bug in GNAT.  In fact, we were just discussing it here
a few hours ago.  It'll be fixed shortly.