* Re: matt parker spams the shit out of clients and newsgroups
       [not found] <efb17758.0410142330.23238fc@posting.google.com>
@ 2004-10-15 18:00 ` Harvey R. Stone
From: Harvey R. Stone @ 2004-10-15 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"http://tinyurl.com/ii35" <sendspamtothis@fakemail.org> wrote in message

  Dam you and your post.   You are a sick SOAB  and there is a hot place
waiting for you.
Harv

* Re: matt parker spams the shit out of clients and newsgroups
@ 2004-10-18 20:51   ` JeffM
From: JeffM @ 2004-10-18 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Dam you and your post.
> Harvey R. Stone

The sooner you and everyone who hates this
fires off a complaint to groups-abuse@google.com,
the faster he will be shut down.

I just did it.
I forgot to recommend that they put a block on his IP address.
Please include this suggestion when you report him.
(This is not the 1st account with them that he has abused.)

* Re: matt parker spams the shit out of clients and newsgroups
@ 2004-10-25 16:37     ` Christopher J. Henrich
From: Christopher J. Henrich @ 2004-10-25 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <f8b945bc.0410181251.7684e828@posting.google.com>, JeffM
<jeffm_@email.com> wrote:

> >Dam you and your post.
> > Harvey R. Stone
>
> The sooner you and everyone who hates this
> fires off a complaint to groups-abuse@google.com,
> the faster he will be shut down.
>
> I just did it.
> I forgot to recommend that they put a block on his IP address.
> Please include this suggestion when you report him.
> (This is not the 1st account with them that he has abused.)

I have been following your advice.  I get form letters from google.com,
the gist of which is "we're working on it." (Your check is in the
mail... The bug will be fixed in a future release...)  I get at most
one such letter per day, even if I send them reports for each of
several spams.  This suggests to me that google.com has automated the
process of reading and responding to complaints of abuse.

We may hope that if google.com gets enough reports, especially from
different people, they will be motivated to "work on it" some more.

--
Chris Henrich
God just doesn't fit inside a single religion.