* Ada web server installation and support AWS
@ 2012-11-19 23:00 arkavae
From: arkavae @ 2012-11-19 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

I am in the process to build a web server. As i think Ada is the good
choice i would like to use a full Ada suite so use AWS (scripting,
SSL, etc.).

I try to use it some month ago on windows XP plateform, but that
didn't work (i didn't know if it's Ada Gnat or AWS causing problems).I
am sure, i didn't really understand the install process. So i used Ada
IDE to developp in Ada some good tools.
Now i would like to have feedback from people using it in real life,
real production environnement as html web server.

What version of Ada Gnat, AWS and what distrib of Linux or freeBSD and
version do you use to make it work.
By the way i would like to know if the hardware could cause
compatibility mismatch (?)

Somebody knows where to find:
- a list of recommanded version for Ada compiler, OS etc. (an typical
checked working installation environnement)
- a list of the existings known bugs of AWS (and status)
- a list of the old versions with known bugs
- a clear/simple installation procedure (in a typical checked working
environnement)

I ask all this questions, because i would like to make business with
this solution i belive in.

Maybe there is also an other Ada web server (Possibly with less functionality) ?

Thank's for your answer

Best regards

* Re: Ada web server installation and support AWS
@ 2012-11-20  7:42 ` Thomas Løcke
From: Thomas Løcke @ 2012-11-20  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/20/2012 12:00 AM, arkavae wrote:
> What version of Ada Gnat, AWS and what distrib of Linux or freeBSD and
> version do you use to make it work.
> By the way i would like to know if the hardware could cause
> compatibility mismatch (?)

I wrote a short article about Ada development on Slackware Linux a while
ago. AWS is included in the article:

http://blogs.fsfe.org/thomaslocke/2012/01/08/ada-programming-on-slackware/

I haven't had time to update the article to the latest version of
Slackware, but AFAIK everything should more or less be the same.

> Somebody knows where to find:
> - a list of recommanded version for Ada compiler, OS etc. (an typical
> checked working installation environnement)
> - a list of the existings known bugs of AWS (and status)
> - a list of the old versions with known bugs
> - a clear/simple installation procedure (in a typical checked working
> environnement)

You can keep an eye on the AWS project here:

https://forge.open-do.org/projects/aws/

For a clear and simple install procedure, I would probably take a look
at Debian, where AWS is available via the well-known apt-get command.

> Maybe there is also an other Ada web server (Possibly with less functionality) ?

There's EWS from Simon Wright:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/embed-web-srvr/

--
Thomas L�cke | thomas@12boo.net | http://12boo.net

* Re: Ada web server installation and support AWS
@ 2012-11-20  7:54 ` arkavae
From: arkavae @ 2012-11-20  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for your help :)