From: bgolden@infmx.UUCP (Bernard Golden)
Subject: Re: ada/unix
Date: 29 Sep 89 21:43:41 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <2437@infmx.UUCP> bgolden@infmx.UUCP (Bernard Golden) writes:
>We have gotten a question from one of our customers regarding ada.

Keith Shillington (I think that's the right last name) from Telesoft called
me and we had a very good discussion regarding ADA and its capabilities
on UNIX.  It appears that no capabilities of ADA are sacrificed by running
on UNIX, although UNIX itself provides some facilities (e.g., message queues)
that might make some language features not so important.

It also appears that the 'task' facility could work with our product, IF
the programmer was careful.

So, I got my question answered.  I really appreciate Keith's efforts.  In
addition, I got calls from a couple of other people, but didn't have a
chance to talk to them.  Thanks to everyone.

-b