From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tasking on GNATAVR
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 08:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-05-01T08:44:09-07:00	[thread overview]

> Warren Gay reported success with experimental tasking on AVR some time
> ago, (about a year?) using the open source AVR-Ada toolchain (from
> Sourceforge). It was intended to be included in AVR-Ada 1.2 which is
> scheduled for release very soon, but I don't know if it's still included.

Do you remember where did he reported the success? (maybe there's info on how he did it).

> Search for Warren's AVR-Ada posts for some more information, and keep
> eyes open for AVR-Ada 1.2.
> I haven't tried the Adacore version so I don't know how/if they inter-
> operate.

I looked for his posts here and on google, but got no real success (at least not for tasking). When I tried avr-ada first time found very interesting, but the tasking feature was not present, so I began to look for other approaches, even some RTOSes.

The AVR-Ada version 1.2 was not released yet, but in the status site http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/avr-ada/index.php?title=Status it's said they "intend to release it sometime in early 2012", and this could be today, or 2012 dec. 31, which is so far, and could be for some years (since they just "intend") :p . Well, I would like to task on my arduinos now :-)