From: bagpiper@pnet02.gryphon.com (Michael Hunter)
Subject: Re: Object-Oriented Development Efforts
Date: 7 Jan 90 04:00:14 GMT	[thread overview]

schultz@grebyn.com (Ronald) writes:

>   o     A brief description of the application
In house scientific applications and flight programs for satellites.
4
>   o     Size of the project (man-months, LOC, ...)
small...approximately 13-15 KLOC of Ada
(that is the satellite stuff)
the analysis stuff varies and is written in C, C++, and Pascal
using varying levels of OOPs type programming.
>   o     Language or DBMS used
Ada, Pascal, C, and C++ (actually I am still trying to get people to accept
C++ fully...but it is coming.. :))
>   o     Development Methodology, and author of methodology
We use basic OOPs ideas (abstraction, late binding, encapsulation).  Up to
this point it has been hard to sell anything to radical to some of the older
engineers.  Some of them still think that "data structures" are evil.

I would like to see the results of your survey if possible...

                                        Michael

Mike Hunter - Box's and CPU's from HELL: iapx80[012]86, PR1ME 50 Series, 1750a
UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!bagpiper
INET: bagpiper@pnet02.gryphon.com