From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: ada language parsers needed
Date: 8 Dec 90 02:17:40 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <12198@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> metrics@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Metrics Research Team) writes:

>Hello out there,
>
>	Can someone please send me info. on where to obtain an ada language
>parser utility.
>	The place should be accessable through a mail ftp site if possible.
>
>We have a very large scale system that we need help in obtaining some
>metrics.

The NASA PrettyPrinter, on Simtel20 in the ASR, contains an Ada LR parser,
which it needs to pretty-print a program. It also builds a tree of the
input program, which it can manipulate to add e.g. certain kinds of
comments. I have a YACC specification for Ada, which I will be glad to
e-mail you if you wish. The nice thing about the one inside Pretty is
that it's written in Ada and, since you have the source, you can make the
"back end" do whatever you like. This product is not bad, was developed
for NASA, and seems to be fairly decent Ada. It's in the public domain.

Prof. Michael Feldman
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052
202-994-5253