From: "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Dynamic Code Assist in Eclipse with gnatbench
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 05:32:04 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-08-17T05:32:04-07:00	[thread overview]

No problem...

I was thinking on how it could be implemented in Eclipse, so I looked into the gps.exe file, and found the code

        Dynamic: the smart completion occurs on every key press.Smart completionSmart-Completion-Mode
The timeout (in milliseconds) for character-triggered smart completion in 'Normal' modeSmart completion
COMPLETION_MODULE.SMART_COMPLETION_PREFERENCES.PREFERENCE_RECORD

and inside tip_of_the_day.py, I found:
Tip: Dynamic smart completion
You'd like GPS to make more suggestions automatically to complete identifiers
while you're typing without having to press control-space? Go to
Edit->Preferences, Editor and then set the <i>Smart completion</i> preference to
<i>Dynamic</i>. You might also want to tune the default timeout.

so it looks like a shortcut to all letters is set to activate the Smart Completion.