From: "björn lundin" <b.f.lundin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: so talk to me about aws: anyone got a site? any e commerce? fun?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-12T14:18:17-07:00	[thread overview]

Den fredagen den 6:e juli 2012 kl. 21:25:54 UTC+2 skrev quiet_lad:
> fun stuff?

Perhaps not fun, but I find them cool
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyVDMp2bL9c>

I communicate with them via AWS, http POST.
No I don't control each one of them independently, but provide them
with assignments, like
'take bin 1, 3, 4, and 5 and put them in port 2.
 tell me when you deliver each one of them.'

Our installation has conveyors at the port, giving the pickstation a 10 bin buffer.

This is within a Warehouse Control System.

We also use AWS as a web server within our Warehouse management system,
making the operator at infeed take a photo of bad/broken pallets at goods reception with a handheld device, uploading via AWS, for further treatment
in WMS/ERP - ie tell the transporter to be more careful...

At some site we, use AWS as a messagebroker, providing web-service interface
in one end, and inhouse format in the other end.

Great product.

We use it on Windows and AIX.

/Björn