From: mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman)
Subject: Re: Portable Program Performs Perfectly
Date: 30 Nov 90 02:34:47 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <FB0450A231A7E0090B@Arizona.edu> RHARWOOD@EAST.Pima.edu (Ray Harwood) writes:
>Your Philosopher's "system" works without change on DEC Ada. By this weekend
>(time allowing) I'll try it on Meridian's AdaVantage on the Macintosh under
>Mac Programmer's Workshop.  (Does Meridian have an unfair advantage here?)
>If time wasn't an issue, I'd even alter the "windows" output to show pictures
>of your favorite Ada gurus and Chopstick graphics being passed around a
>table...
Let me know how you emulate the vt100 screen control on the Mac. The
program will run "straight" on the Mac if you use the line-oriented Room
package. One day we will do the pretty picture you suggest.

>Please advise if you have any reservations about using this code and it's
>"portability claims" in a classroom or consulting setting.  I think it's:
>(a) cute, (b) interesting, and (c) [with a little explanation] convincing.
I don't mind it the least. That's why I posted it. I'll never get rich
at this, but it's fun and maybe I'll get famous :-).
Prof. Michael Feldman
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052
202-994-5253