From: ae@sei.cmu.edu (Arthur Evans)
Subject: Re: Summary of Diana Status
Date: 9 Apr 91 14:33:18 GMT	[thread overview]

Here's the word on the DIANA "standard", as I understand it.

Tartan had a contract in about 1982-83 to maintain DIANA; I was the PI.
The final report on the contract was subsequently published by
Springer-Verlag in their "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" series as
#161, with the title
    DIANA: An Intermediate Language for Ada, Revised Version
    ISBN 0-540-12695-3

Some time later, Intermetrics was under contract to maintain DIANA and
perform further upgrades.  They wrote a final report and submitted it to
the government.  As far as I have ever been able to determine, the
government has never released that report.  The Intermetrics person who
ran that effort was
    Carl Schaeffer    301-657-3775
That's an old number -- I have no idea whether or not it is still
current.

There is no real standard.  The closest thing generally available is the
Springer-Verlag book.  It seems likely that Intermetrics made
improvements, but that's hard to know.

Art Evans
Ada Consultant