* 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-05 13:40 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2005-04-05 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?

regards
Szymon Guz

* Re: 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-05 19:13 ` Jeff C
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Jeff C @ 2005-04-05 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?
>
> regards
> Szymon Guz

yes

* Re: 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-05 21:24   ` Fabio Caprarella
From: Fabio Caprarella @ 2005-04-05 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff C ha scritto:
> Szymon Guz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?
>>
>> regards
>> Szymon Guz
>

> yes
I think Szymon want to know what is the compiler for 64bit machine!
He does't want to know only if there is one!

* Re: 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-05 21:35 ` Larry Kilgallen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2005-04-05 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <d2u4fd$23o7$1@news2.ipartners.pl>, Szymon Guz <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl> writes:

> is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?

Certainly DEC Ada for Tru64 Unix is a 64-bit compiler.

Or did you have some other (specific) operating system in mind.

* Re: 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-06  1:54   ` Aurele
From: Aurele @ 2005-04-06  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think Green Hills have a 64 bit compiler but you'd have to check the
site for details: http://www.ghs.com/.

* Re: 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-06  6:02     ` Frank Piron
From: Frank Piron @ 2005-04-06  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:24:49 GMT schrieb Fabio Caprarella
<jack.flash@libero.it>:

> Jeff C ha scritto:
>> Szymon Guz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Szymon Guz
>>

>> yes
> I think Szymon want to know what is the compiler for 64bit machine!
> He does't want to know only if there is one!

There is gnat 3.15p for sun sparc 64 Bit:
http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT/3.15p/gnat-3.15p-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1-bin.tar.gz

--
Frank Piron,
defrankatkonaddot

* Re: 64bit machines
@ 2005-04-06  8:14 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2005-04-06  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz:

# Hi,
# is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?

Of course - I crunched numbers with the DEC Ada compiler for
OpenVMS on an AXP machine for ~6 years. Nice beast...

Gautier     --     http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm
Ada programming -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

* Re: 64bit machines
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-04-06  8:18 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-04-06  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:

> Hi,
> is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?
>
> regards
> Szymon Guz

The GNAT compiler can be configured to run on and compile for 64 bit OS.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Ada:Installing

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: 64bit machines
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-11-03 20:07 ` lab
From: lab @ 2005-11-03 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl> wrote on Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:40:02 +0200:
| Hi,
| is there any Ada compiler for 64bit machines ?
|
| regards

Yah, certainly. I have been using GCC-Ada-3.4.x on my AMD64 box since I
upgraded some 6 weeks ago. (First on my old Turbo Linux setup, then on a
new Debian Linux install).

I understand that GCC-Ada-4.0.x has at least some of the features of the
soon(?) to be announced Ada-200Y. Dunno for sure, haven't tried it yet.

Hope this helps,
-- Buz :)
--
Buz Cory of Buzco Systems -- New York NY USA http://buzco.nyct.net
write to <helpdesk at buzco dot nyct dot net> for FREE help with: