From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Switching tasking implementation?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:38:28 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-08-26T10:38:28-07:00	[thread overview]

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> If I remember correctly, the version of GNAT distributed with Debian
> supports more than one tasking implementation.
>
> Do I remember correctly?  How do I select which implementation to use?

No, the two run-time libraries shipped in Debian allow you to choose
either zero-cost or setjump/longjump exception handling mechanisms.
The tasking model always uses the 1:1 model where each Ada task
corresponds to a kernel thread. I vaguely remember there used to be a
n:1 model where all Ada tasks would run in the same kernel thread,
doing scheduling in userspace. I'm not sure whether this model is
still available or not nowadays. Could you please look this up in the
GCC installation manual? This was a configure option IIRC.

--
Ludovic Brenta.