From: adolph@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark C. Adolph)
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs support of Ada general public release
Date: 28 Oct 88 19:40:59 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <8810241435.AA01183@esl.ESL.COM>, lrs@esl.ESL.COM (Lynn Slater) writes:

> I have integrated a set of programs to support ada development under
> Gnu Emacs.  They support reasonable automatic indentation, two kinds of
> template facilities, access to an online ada language reference manual,
> automatic file header maintenance, and lots of other neat stuff.

> Some who have used both set of programs report a 50% productivity gain
> during ada coding sessions.  This is probably over optomistic, but
> the productivity gain can be great.

How does this compare to the facilities and productivity gains from
using DEC's LSEDIT?  Has anyone done an objective comparison?  Even a
subjective opinion would be helpful.  I know that these have the benefit
of being in the public domain, but as a non-EMACS user, I would be
interested to know if the benefit of learning it would offset the
increase in confusion I already experience when switching between vi and
LSE/EDT.

--

					-- Mark A.
					...uw-beaver!ssc-vax!adolph