* More validated ada
@ 1993-03-11  2:44 Catherine Hehir
From: Catherine Hehir @ 1993-03-11  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

From conway@internode.com.au Thu Mar 11 12:09:57 1993
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1993 12:09:15 +0930
From: Catherine Conway <conway@internode.com.au>
To: hehir@spam.ua.oz.au

We have a requirement to develop some instrument control software in
Ada.  All of the instruments will communicate via IEEE-488 protocol.
We are aware of the existence of instrument driver libraries as a part
of UATL (provided by ASSET) however, we would like some feedback
from experienced developers as to the success or otherwise of
attempts to implement this type of software in Ada.

A suggestion has been made to use HP Basic however, we expect the
software to be of the order of 15 KSLOC.  Since this software will have
a long life expectancy we are unsure which path to take.

We would greatly appreciate any insights from previous experience.

Please send responses direct to conway@internode.com.au.

Catherine Conway

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-03-11  2:44 UTC | newest]