From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: anyone running is aws and postgresql website?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:32:33 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-06-19T07:32:33-07:00	[thread overview]

W dniu środa, 19 czerwca 2013 13:43:54 UTC+2 użytkownik Thomas Løcke napisał:

> Maciej mentions the fact that you deploy your application as a single
> executable, and while I agree with him in that that for sure is a great
> thing, it is not something unique to AWS/Ada - you can get that with
> other languages also.

By "single executable" I mean something that was linked together by a tool (linker) that can check the consistency on the way.

Note, for example, that Java's "war" files do not count: indeed, they are single files, but they are just archives of whatever inconsistent mess was given to the archiver and it is only when you run the system that you can see all those ClassDefNotFoundException, NoSuchFunctionException and OhMyGodTheXMLConfigFilesDoNotMatchMyClassesException, etc. After spending countless hours fixing this kind of deployment mess the comfort of working with AWS looks like a real game-changer. :-)

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.msobczak.com * http://www.inspirel.com