From: ks@tut.fi (Kari Syst{)
Subject: Re: Inheritance and Ada
Date: 7 Jan 88 13:58:14 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1165@petsd.UUCP> cjh@petsd.UUCP (C. J. Henrich) writes:
>In article <1673@ppi.UUCP> cox@ppi.UUCP writes:
>>
>>Ada lives in a culture that ruthlessly exterminates any thought of building
>>and using such tools.  [as lex and yacc].
>An Ada tool that worked like yacc, and put out tables for the guidance
>of a driver program (presumably written in Ada), would not be met with
>ruthless hostility.

I don't know if yacc-like tool belongs to Ada-culture or not, but
I have an Ada-yacc called YACCA.  This tools has been used to implement
some simple tools.  I have been rather happy with that tool.
I don't see why this tool is not suitable for Ada programming.
The emitted parser is an Ada-package (object in OOD).

BTW: This tool was among the tools we offered for testing.  The offer
     was announced in this news-group last summer (maybe June).

--
Kari Systa      ks@tut.fi (ks@tut.UUCP, systa@fintuta.bitnet)
Tampere Univ. Technology/Computer Systems Laboratory           Phone