From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!newsserver.jvnc.net!yale.edu!not-for-mail@uc bvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Tom Griest)
Subject: Re: TCP/IP in Ada
Date: 24 Jul 93 23:45:50 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <22pabp$nki@iris.mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil> eric@edfub9.ctis.af.mil (Eric
Christiansen) writes:
>  Hi,
>
>         Anyone out there have any code, or tips, for TCP/IP in Ada?
>
>                       -eric
>
>eric@edfub9.ctis.af.mil

There are at least two implementations of TCP/IP (with Ada) in the
"Public Ada Library", including FTP and others.  But before you get
too excited, I think you had better look closely at the code.  For
example, the Unisys code uses tasks in a way which I think is a bit
overdone.  I don't know where the code is in the PAL, but on the
CD-ROM version of the PAL the two versions are:

   \ASR\DDN   - written in 1985 by E-Systems
   \ASR\DDN2  - written in 1987 by Unisys

There appears to be another implementation done as part of a secure
file transfer protocol project within the STARS effort. This code
can be found at:

   \ASSET\ADA_STD\ASST_232.TAZ - written in 1988 by BDM

The BDM code appears to have used "DDN" above as a starting point,
and didn't have a lot of good things to say about it.

You many wish to check with Navaho Technologies.  At one time they
were trying to support some of this software, which is really just
prototype quality.  The last # I had for them (at least 2yrs old)
is (602) 686-6391.

Good Luck.  If you find something else, or make improvements to what
is there, please let me know.  Also, if you want to split some of the
effort of upgrading this software, contact me and maybe we can work
something out.

-Tom