From: darwin.sura.net!RBSE.Mountain.Net!RBSE.Mountain.Net!not-for-mail@louie.ud el.edu  (Margie Price)
Subject: Re: X-Windows binding for Ada
Date: 22 Jul 93 16:28:47 GMT	[thread overview]

Charles Lindsey (chl@clw.cs.man.ac.uk) wrote:

: It says in the FAQ that an X binding is available for free from the STARS
: Repository, by ftp to source.asset.com.

: However, although source.asset.com does ftp, it does not seem to be
: anonymous (i.e. the usual logins 'anonymous', 'ftp' and 'guest' do not seem
: to work).

: Please can someone tell mw what to do, or whether this binding can be
: obtained from somewhere else, or whether there are other P.D. bindings that
: I should be looking at.

: --
: Charles H. Lindsey ----------------------------------------------------------
---

To get into the STARS repository -- ASSET -- you have to get an account.
Write to librarian@source.asset.com.

I'm from the AdaNET repository, which is also a FREE repository (NASA
sponsored).  If you're interested, let me know your complete address
(and not the email address), and we'll send you more information and
an application.

For the X binding, will this be helpful?

Ada Implementation of the Xt Toolkit (Ada/Xt)

AdaNET object: 6126
We got this from:  ftp GOGOL.CENATLS.CENA.DGAC.FR (anonymous)   <=== the quick
                   directory: /pub/ada                               way .. :-)
                   file: AdaXt-3.3.tar.Z

Ada/Xt is an Ada implementation of the MIT X Toolkit (Xt).
Xt consists of a set of intrinsics interfaces, which
provide operations for construction, arrangement, and
manipulation of windows, and a set of widgets, which are
window objects ranging from buttons and scrollbars to text
editors.  Xt is built on top of Xlib, which is a low-level
library of window primitives.  The routines in Xlib
provide window functionality by communicating with the X
window server using the X Window System protocol.

Margie Price