* Calling Gentoo Ada-er's
@ 2015-04-18 10:55 Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2015-04-18 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I'm wanting to start thinking about revamping Gentoo's Ada support. So I'm
wondering what the user', if any, would want.

I personally want to bring it up to date and have an ada USE flag which can
be used from system install such that Ada is a first class citizen rather
than the ugly ginger step-child it currently is.

This means the whole current way of doing things will need to change. I've
just never liked the way distributions have a whole other set of compilers
just for Ada, so there ends up being two tool chains, so two c compilers,
two c++ compilers, one Ada compiler.

What do people want?

Luke

* Re: Calling Gentoo Ada-er's
@ 2015-04-18 13:12 ` Rod Kay
From: Rod Kay @ 2015-04-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Luke,

   I've been trying to update Ada support for ArchLinux for much the same reasons.

   Here are the Ada packages/tools I've been using ...

   - ada-web-server
   - ahven
   - asis
   - florist
   - gnat-gps
   - gnat_util
   - gprbuild
   - gtkada
   - polyorb
   - xmlada

   I expect QtAda might also be popular.

   Good luck with your Gentoo efforts.

Cheers.

* Re: Calling Gentoo Ada-er's
@ 2015-04-18 13:20   ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2015-04-18 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rod Kay <rodakay@internode.on.net> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
>    I've been trying to update Ada support for ArchLinux for much the same reasons.
>
>    Here are the Ada packages/tools I've been using ...
>
>    - ada-web-server
>    - ahven
>    - asis
>    - florist
>    - gnat-gps
>    - gnat_util
>    - gprbuild
>    - gtkada
>    - polyorb
>    - xmlada
>
>    I expect QtAda might also be popular.
>
>    Good luck with your Gentoo efforts.
>

> Cheers.

Yeah, I've already done this in my free-ada scripts. The gnat_util and
other AdaCore tools are the worst and most inconsistent to build.

Cheers.

Luke