From: Martin Krischik <martin@krischik.com>
Subject: Re: Reading directories?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:55:27 +0100
Date: 2005-02-22T08:55:27+01:00	[thread overview]

Chris Dutton wrote:

> Martin Krischik wrote:
>> Chris Dutton wrote:
>>

>>>So far I've found a lot of information on Ada.Directories, which looks
>>>good, but as far as I can see is not available for Gnat on Linux.
>>

>> Sure it is available. The files are a-direct.ads and a-direct.adb.
>> According to the ChangeLog they are available since 2004-04-05.
>>
>> But in order to use Ada 2005 features (those which are actualy there
>> allready) you need to use a HEAD (4.0.0) release of gcc (currently at
>> stage 3 - beta testing) and use the -gnat05 commandline option.
>
> Are there any extraordinary measures necessary to get GCC 4 to compile?
>   I've run into a fair number of problems with a mundane configure;
> make; make install routine.

Almost the same as compiling 3.4:

http://ada.krischik.com/gnat-3_4.html

Well Fortran is called f95 now. The main problem is that the HEAD release
may work today and won't compile tomorrow. Your chances are better if you
won't compile java - those guys can't understant the meaning of "stage 3:
bug fixes only" and regulary replace a hundred odd files with the result
that libjava won't compile any more - they certainly fit there steriotype.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net