From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Let's join forces for GNAT  on MinGW!
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:49:31 +0100
Date: 2007-03-03T11:49:31+01:00	[thread overview]

Vo, Anh (US SSA) wrote:

> I had a similar problem yesterday when it got to Ada rtl. The problem
> was that cygwin did not handle soft link well compared to say Linux. My
> fix was to delete all the soft links for Ada rtl source files and
> replaced with the real files. The latest problem I have is missing
> _spawnvp as shown in the error message below.

We should really join forces for the MinGW compile. The problem you have
just describes is one I have allready fixed and even got a function which
can automate the Fix:

        function Patch_MinGW ()                                                                 # {{{2
                {
                patch                                                                           \
                        --unified                                                               \
                        --strip=1                                                               \
                        --directory=%{Source_Dir_0}                             \
                        --input=../../../SOURCES/%{Patch_File}  ;

                pushd %{Source_Dir_0};                                                          # {{{3
                        #
                        #       New feature new problems!
                        #
                        find .                                                                                  \
                                -name Makefile.in                                                       \
                                -exec /bin/bash -c Remove_NoExport '{}' ';' ;
                popd;                                                                                           # }}}3

                pushd %{Source_Dir_0}/gcc/ada;                                          # {{{3
                        #
                        #       GNAT's Makefile ignores the LN and LN_S environment variable.
                        #       We patch the Makefile template so it too will use the cp
                        #       Also we add a / to the rts directory otherwise cp
                        #       gets confused.
                        #
                        set +o errexit
                        ${__exim} -n "Makefile.in" <<-EOF
                                :90,110 substitute !^LN =.*$!LN = cp -p!ge
                                :90,110 substitute !^LN_S =.*$!LN_S = cp -p!ge
                                :/# GNULLI Begin #/,/# GNULLI End #/ substitute !rts ;!rts/ ;!ge
                                :exit
                        EOF
                        set -o errexit
                popd;                                                                                           # }}}3

Of corse you can just as well use a patch file. Important is to use a way to
make interim solution available for everybody. Not just the final version.
I at least do so - all my MinGW attempts are scripted or in diff files and
are committed to the subversion archive of the GNU Ada project [1].

Anybody is welcome! Those who don't like my Cygwin/RPM approach can use my
RPM-Spec to Bash-Script converter and continue from there. But we should
not need develop patches twice!

Also: I got diff patches which remove the warnings GNAT/GPL or GNAT/Pro
issue when compiling GNAT/GCC. That might be an option as well.

So get yourself a sourceforce user and issue a support request to become a
member of the GNU Ada Project!

Martin

[1] http://gnuada.sf.net
--