* 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-17 13:24 REH
From: REH @ 2006-07-17 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can someone tell me where I can find a PDF version of the '83 LRM?

REH

* Re: 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-17 20:31 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2006-07-17 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

There's an HTML version at adaic.org; I'm not aware of a PDF version.

--
Jeff Carter
"I'm a kike, a yid, a heebie, a hook nose! I'm Kosher,

* Re: 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-18  0:33   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-07-18  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.not.jrcarter@acm.not.spam.org> wrote in message
> REH wrote:
> > Can someone tell me where I can find a PDF version of the '83 LRM?
>
> There's an HTML version at adaic.org; I'm not aware of a PDF version.

To my knowledge, the 83 RM was produced directly to paper. (It long predates
things like PDF!). I don't think the original Scribe files exist anymore,
either. The HTML version was created by hand by AJPO (which is why it is
full of markup errors; I can't vouch for the accuracy of the text, either).

The only reason that there is a PDF of the Ada 95 version is that I made one
to test the new tools at the start of the project that created the (2001)
Consolidated RM. It has a few formatting errors that have been discovered
more recently (one just a month ago), so even it can't be considered
"official".

The PDF of the 2001 Consolidated RM is, OTOH, the same as what was printed
by Springer, and I expect the same will be true for the 2005 version when
that is finished up. (Keep in mind the version currently available is the
last draft, and it is possible that some changes will be made in the final
version. There definitely will be some changes in Annex P and the index (not
normative, of course).

That should be more information than you wanted to know... ;-)

                        Randy.

* Re: 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-18  0:39     ` REH
From: REH @ 2006-07-18  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message
> The only reason that there is a PDF of the Ada 95 version is that I made
> one
> to test the new tools at the start of the project that created the (2001)
> Consolidated RM. It has a few formatting errors that have been discovered
> more recently (one just a month ago), so even it can't be considered
> "official".
>
> The PDF of the 2001 Consolidated RM is, OTOH, the same as what was printed
> by Springer, and I expect the same will be true for the 2005 version when
> that is finished up. (Keep in mind the version currently available is the
> last draft, and it is possible that some changes will be made in the final
> version. There definitely will be some changes in Annex P and the index
> (not
> normative, of course).
>
> That should be more information than you wanted to know... ;-)
>
>                        Randy.

Thanks for the info Randy!

REH

* Re: 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-18  7:11 ` Stuart
From: Stuart @ 2006-07-18  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

"REH" <spamjunk@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> Can someone tell me where I can find a PDF version of the '83 LRM?

Digital (aka DEC, now HP) produced a postscript version of their DEC Ada
Language Reference Manual which describes itself as

"... the Digital-supplemented text of ANSI/MIL-STD-1815A-1983"

Having had a quick search there seems to be a PDF version at

   http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/ada/ada_lrm.pdf

This might be helpful.

Regards
--
Stuart

* Re: 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-18 17:10   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-07-18 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stuart wrote:

> "REH" <spamjunk@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>> Can someone tell me where I can find a PDF version of the '83 LRM?
>
> Digital (aka DEC, now HP) produced a postscript version of their DEC Ada
> Language Reference Manual which describes itself as
>
> "... the Digital-supplemented text of ANSI/MIL-STD-1815A-1983"
>
> Having had a quick search there seems to be a PDF version at
>
>    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/ada/ada_lrm.pdf
>
> This might be helpful.

Of corse it has all the Dec... - HP Ada extras in green writing.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: 83 LRM
@ 2006-07-27 14:35     ` Charlie McCutcheon
From: Charlie McCutcheon @ 2006-07-27 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/ada/ada_lrm.pdf
>>
>> This might be helpful.
>
> Of corse it has all the Dec... - HP Ada extras in green writing.

And the little numbers in the margins for the black text are supposed to be
the original paragraph numbers to the original Ada 83 language standard...

* swig news (C++/Ada binding generator)
@ 2006-08-22 12:28 ` rod
From: rod @ 2006-08-22 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Hello again,

   After a months pause (password problem), there has been a couple of recent
commits to the GnuAda repository at

     https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gnuada/trunk/projects/swig-1.3.29

   Two SWIG modules now exist for Ada support; the original 'ada', which uses
the normal SWIG wrapping approach, and a new 'gnat' module, which maps Ada
objects to exactly correspond to the C/C++ objects. The 'ada' module is
intended to be compiler-independent; the 'gnat' module bindings are
tailored for the GCC/Gnat compiler family.

   The two modules are planned for inclusion into the SWIG repository, after
the bulk of the testsuite cases have been tried. This may take some time as
there are well over 300 test cases. Also, the modules are still only
prototypes (ie largely hacks) and need considerable attention. Finally, the
generated bindings themselves can stand a great deal of improvement. So there
is still quite a bit to do.

   If anyone would like to help out with the testsuite, for either module,
please let me know. Many test cases are small and simple. Each requires
a 'builder' script, a gnat project file (.gpr) and a small test harness
written in Ada to exercise the binding. It is often possible to use the files
of an existing testcase as templates, and just substitute a few names.

regards,

Rod.