From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: C++11 and Ada 2012 - renaissance of native languages?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-06-23T15:25:55-07:00	[thread overview]

Le samedi 23 juin 2012 14:24:52 UTC+2, Maciej Sobczak a écrit :

> Do you also have an impression that the market got saturated with "managed" languages and it might be a good moment to renew the interest in native solutions?

It is also my perception. The "managed code" languages where came out when Moore's law seemed to last for ever and ironically was about to stop. Now, ten years later, people begin to realize that hardware performance is stagnating, so it is preferable to have native code running n times faster than managed code. Especially on new popular devices like tablets or smartphones, you don't want your programs running with the handbrake...
So it is an opportunity for highly portable, multi-platform solutions, where some of the safety is even available without run-time checks. Now the list of those solutions is..... :-) ?
Gautier's Ada programming
http://sf.net/users/gdemont