From: Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: no + or - defined for fixed point types in Standard, why ?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 10:36:51 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2018-01-24T10:36:51-08:00	[thread overview]

> It is hard to correctly override the predefined operators where they are directly visible.  [...]  To (re-)define * or / you will need to write a body that uses Unchecked_Conversion of the proper integer type, or converts both operands to some floating point type.
My gosh, did I stumbled against a language's corner again ? I think I'll stick with the conversion method... But can you elaborate on "directly visible" ? I don't understand. To me either it's visible, either it's not...

Even with the conversion method, the warning about overridding won't go away. Eventhough there's no explicit call on Standard anymore.

> You are trying to do something wonky, and the compiler is telling you that.
I could tell before trying  ;-)