* Re: Using Ada in novice programming courses
@ 1991-04-09  5:18 Nasser ABBASI
From: Nasser ABBASI @ 1991-04-09  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3010@sparko.gwu.edu>, mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes...
>In article <638@stan.xx.swin.oz.au> rob@saturn.cs.swin.OZ.AU (Rob Allen) writes:
>
>>Yes, at Swinburne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
> (other stuff deleted)
>>In third semester we use Feldman:"Data Structures with Ada" Reston 1985 which
>>is overpriced.  Conventional assignments.
>
>After much cajoling and screaming, I got Prentice Hall to drop the US price
>of this book to about $45.00 retail. It's still too high, but it is comparable
>to other hardcover data structures books (at least I think so).

..
>Mike Feldman

Actually The price of all text books is getting too high,
You have to try very hard to find a text book under $50 U.S. .

Knowledge may be power, but aquiring it is sure expensive !

/naser

* Using Ada in novice programming courses
@ 1991-04-06  0:26 GORE JACOB V
From: GORE JACOB V  @ 1991-04-06  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm considering using Ada as the programming language in an early
computer programming course.  The students will be near-novices to
programming.

Is anybody doing that?  If so, where?  With what textbook and/or
materials?

Jacob Gore					      jgore@mines.colorado.edu
Colorado School of Mines