From: ludovic.brenta@insalien.org (Ludovic Brenta)
Subject: Re: Ada-friendly MPI
Date: 24 Jun 2005 03:31:47 -0700
Date: 2005-06-24T03:31:47-07:00	[thread overview]

Pascal Obry wrote ...
> jtg writes:
> > > You did not answer my question, which OS are you using ?
> > Now I use Windows/Debian on my personal computer, both with Ada installed.
> > Previously:
> > 15-node cluster - AIX
> > 128-node cluster - AFAIR TurboLinux (no Ada installed, I had to install gnat
> >                                       in my home directory)
> >                     Now they have Debian on it.
>
> So I don't see a problem there. GNU/Linux Debian is well supported by GNAT.
> GNAT is maybe already on your system as it is installed along with the other
> GCC's compilers.

That's not entirely true.  In sarge, there are 3 Ada compilers
(gnat, gnat-3.3 and gnat-3.4), only one of which (gnat) supports
GLADE.  No Ada compiler is installed by default, and GLADE
requires an extra package.  To get started with GLADE, you need:

apt-get install gnat gnat-glade

and optionally:

apt-get install gnat-doc gnat-glade-doc

But I agree with you on one account: Debian supports GNAT well :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.