From: ludovic.brenta@insalien.org (Ludovic Brenta)
Subject: Re: Shootout: Word Frequency
Date: 15 Apr 2005 00:52:56 -0700
Date: 2005-04-15T00:52:56-07:00	[thread overview]

Martin Dowie wrote...
> Jeffrey Carter wrote:
> > Martin Dowie wrote:
> >
> >> Unless PragmARC is distributed as part of Debian, aren't you going to
> >> have to count those lines too?...
> >

> > I would think one should only have to count that code written to solve
> > the problem; the PragmARCs used were all originally developed prior to
> > 1992 ...
>
> I agree and the FAQ on the shootout page doesn't say anything on the
> matter. But I guess that if you have to provide the shootout team
> with the package then they are going to count them too.
>
> Perhaps Ludovic could package them up and get them into Debian? I see
> that AdaBrowse has made it in...

More to the point, Charles has made it in :)

I have already stated that I am unwilling to do more packaging than I
already do.  That said, if several Debian users request a particular
package, I will reconsider.  So, if anyone uses the PragMARC on Debian
and would like me to package them, let me know.

Let me take this opportunity to reiterate once again my call for help.
If anyone wants to join me in maintaining Ada packages in Debian, you
are more than welcome.  I will help you get started if you send me a
private email.  There are many, many free software packages that would
deserve to be packaged in Debian, PargmARC is but one of them.

> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/

This lists all packages in the development section; there are thousands
of them.  Unfortunately, Ada packages are only a small fraction of that :)
If you are only interested in Ada packages, see:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/gnat

The package `gnat' recommends or suggests most other Ada packages; you can
use it as a starting point.  Also:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Ludovic+Brenta
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Phil+Brooke

--